Wednesday, February 18, 2015

My Future

          I'm not going to write much, but I am going to write what has finally clicked into place for me. I use to fight the never ending war my family was creating. I felt their sorrow and pain and incorporated it to my own grief. I caused myself so much pain that I even thought of suicide.
          I didn't know where to go and I thought my world was suffocating me. I was alone and had no one to talk to. I really thought my life was over. My dreams for a future were nothing but a black void of the horrors in the past. My uncle was always there to make sure that I could never move forward, but I am finally taking the steps necessary for my recovery.
          I'm leaving behind two grandmothers, a grandfather, four aunts and uncles, twenty-six cousins and a broken past. I won't allow my uncle or family control my happiness anymore. Today I start a new life looking forward to an endless future. I will stumble, fall a couple of times, but I will get back up and try again. I want to make the most out of my life and this will be my starting point. I may not be very religious, yet I am grateful for what God has given me. My struggles have made me into the person I am now.
           I will finally start living by the quote said by James Dean, "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today". I finally feel like I'm breaking free of my restraints.
           Thank you for listening, Heather Annie Salvatore

1 comment: